Vision, Values and Priorities
Our vision for Belmont is inspiring all children, regardless of their background or circumstances, to learn within a nurturing community in order to flourish; ‘Inspire, nurture, flourish’ and at the same time strive for excellence in all that we do. We aim to provide a balanced, creative education in a stimulating, safe environment through which children maximise their talents and abilities, develop a pride in their achievement, feel happy, confident and secure and have the opportunity to thrive both academically and socially.
Our school values Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be a Learner are the values we feel best equip our pupils to take an active role as a local, national and global citizen. The school’s shared vision ensures the school gets ahead and stays ahead whilst embedding a Belmont way of doing things through our Belmont non-negotiables.
The Belmont Way!
- All children love learning and are able to make connections using prior knowledge
- All teachers love teaching and teaching is consistently good or better
- All pupils to be enthusiastic about learning and develop a positive image of themselves as learners as well as feeling valued and cared for
- Aim to achieve the highest possible standards across the curriculum
- High quality presentation/handwriting in books
- Vibrant displays and exciting learning environments
- All staff know how to keep children safe and there is high quality pastoral support
- Effective team work/strong relationships built on respect and professionalism
- A climate that engages, enables and energises
- Staff feel supported with managing work load and well being
- Rich vocabulary and high quality reading texts in all classrooms
- A commitment to reading for pleasure
- Positive and consistent behaviour management
We are committed to being a ‘listening’ school to ensure all stakeholders play a part in our whole school improvement to become even better and to ‘get ahead and stay ahead.’ We are an inclusive school, the first in Hounslow to be awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark, and are committed to ensuring sustained progress and high standards of achievement for all our pupils.
KEY PRIORITIES 2020-21