Vision, Values and Priorities
Our Vision -'Every Voice is Heard' ...Inspire- Nurture- Flourish
One of our key priorities is to build an even better school based on raising the profile of what really matters with a focus on being a Listening School-'Every Voice is Heard'. Our vision reflects our aim to inspire all children regardless of their background or circumstances, to flourish within a nurturing environment whilst striving for excellence in all that we do. We believe in children learning knowledge and skills-'knowing more and remembering more' to prepare them for the next stage in their education and life as engaged and successful citizens of the future. To achieve this, our school values: 'Be Safe', 'Be Respectful' and 'Be a Learner' are explored and embedded in all aspects of school life and are the values we feel best equip our pupils to achieve this.
Our unique Belmont Way is embedded in everything we do for both pupils and staff and underlines our commitment to supporting all pupils in their journey to achieve their unique and full potential.
The Belmont Way!
- All children love learning and are able to make connections using prior knowledge
- All teachers love teaching and teaching is consistently good or better
- All pupils to be enthusiastic about learning and develop a positive image of themselves as learners as well as feeling valued and cared for
- Aim to achieve the highest possible standards across the curriculum
- High quality presentation/handwriting in books
- Vibrant displays and exciting learning environments
- All staff know how to keep children safe and there is high quality pastoral support
- Effective team work/strong relationships built on respect and professionalism
- A climate that engages, enables and energises
- Staff feel supported with managing work load and well being
- Rich vocabulary and high quality reading texts in all classrooms
- A commitment to reading for pleasure
- Positive and consistent behaviour management
We are an inclusive school, the first in Hounslow to be awarded the Inclusion Quality Mark, and are committed to ensuring sustained progress and high standards of achievement for all our pupils.
KEY PRIORITIES 2023-24