The Belmont Home School Association (BHSA) structure has changed to allow greater focus on fundraising and streamline the disbursement of funds to the School. Changes are summarised below to help parents understand how the BHSA will works and how we can all get involved to support our children.
- Ø The meetings that take place twice a term (previously BHSA Committee meetings) will now be Forums, to update Class Reps, and any other members of the BHSA (which includes all parents/carers and staff) who would like to discuss BHSA activities, current and future, and how we are working with the School to achieve our objectives.
- Ø A smaller BHSA Committee – six parents/carers and two members of the School staff – will deal with administrative matters, including the disbursement of funds to the School – and ensure Class Reps and the BHSA membership are kept updated through the Forums and otherwise.
- Ø The BHSA, as a wider group, will continue to organise the Christmas and Summer Fairs, Beautify Belmont, the children’s disco and other regular fixtures – and will seek to identify new fundraising and community-building opportunities.
- Ø Funds raised by the BHSA will continue to support trips and workshops for the children and help with ad hoc purchases (previous examples include cameras and equipment for children to use in the wilderness garden).
- Ø In addition, we will be working to boost the general fund for the Site Development Project and, given the likely costs of £360,000 over six years, we have tasked one of the parents on the BHSA Committee with co-ordinating higher value fundraising initiatives.
- Ø The current members of the BHSA Committee are:
Andrew Bott (Treasurer)
Richard Martin (Acting Head Teacher)
Justin Gillet (Secretary)
Katherine Mertikian (Chair)
Alison Lakey (Deputy Chair)
Sarah Boyadjian and Clare Flitter (Staff Committee Member)
The BHSA Committee can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, with queries, fundraising ideas or otherwise.
The BHSA Committee