Y2 Notice Board during school closure
SCHOOL IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR Y2 as THE GOVERNMENT HAVE STATED THAT A PHASED RE-OPENING FOR R, Y1 AND Y6 CAN BEGIN.
We will post school work on this Notice Board on Monday and Wednesday. The work set for Friday will be posted on Wednesday. If you need to contact us please use the following email addresses:
We have created a password protected Y2 page which allows us to post children's work and photos safely. The Parentmail with the Y2 password was sent on 24.3.20. Please do not share this beyond our immediate Y2 community.
We hope that you and your families stay safe and well. Here is some advice from the Healthy Schools team: Staying Healthy - Information for ParentsYear 3
Year 2 Thank you!
It was lovely to see lots of Year 2 back in school for the farewell morning. A very big thank you for the cards and generous gifts. We wish you all a really happy summer break and look forward to seeing you in September. Love from The Year 2 Team!
Google Classrooms and Class Emails during the Summer Holiday
The Google Classrooms will be closed from Friday 17th July - but you will still be able to access the previous classwork tasks if you would like to revisit lessons and tasks. Class emails (apricots@/Damsons@) will also be closed from Friday 17th July.
Salopian Gardens Family Day Out
Y2 usually visit the Salopian Gardens in July. They are offering family days in July and August - please see the link for more details.
Week beginning Monday 13th July 2020
This week we are winding down! We will add tasks on Monday and Wednesday along with lots of optional tasks that you might like to do during the holiday.
Please watch the 'Goodbye Apricots/Damsons' video on your Google Classroom.
On Wednesday 15th July, please watch Mrs Lacey's end of year Community Award Assembly. It will be available on the Classwork tab of your Google Classroom from 8am.
Don’t forget to check out the fantastic ebooks available on the Oxford Owl website.
Bug Club – If you have read the Oxford Owl books and want more ebooks, please contact your teacher on their class email for your log in details.
Please go to your Google Classroom.
Please check out the 'Book Recommendations for Summer Reading' post in the classwork section of Google Classroom. Please add books here so others can enjoy them too.
Monday 📖 Comprehension Tasks
Wednesday 📖 SPaG Activities
Please go to your Google Classroom.
Monday ➗ Maths Activities
Wednesday ➗ Maths Resources
Don't forget you can also use Sumdog!
This week we would like you to revisit some of your favourite things from the last term's work - repeating things is a really good way to make learning memories 'stick'!
Perhaps listen to We're Sailing to Galapagos from the week beginning 11.5.20.
Perhaps listen to Allan Ahlberg reading Cops & Robbers on Espresso.
Perhaps recap the water cycle from the week beginning 18.5.20.
Please spend at least 10 minutes reading a book every day! Keep a list of all the books you read at home - you can do this in your writing exercise book. Lots of fantastic ebooks are available from Oxford Owl - see the link above.
These stories are available to listen to on your Google Classroom Stream:
- The World's Worst Children Peter Picker read by Mrs Nicholas
- The World's Worst Children Windy Mindy read by Mr Powell
- The Magic Finger read by Mrs Nicholas
- Deep Down Weird read by Mrs Nicholas
- Pippi Lockstocking read by Mrs Nicholas
- We use a cursive script that is called joinitC4 from this website: https://www.cursivewriting.org/joined-cursive-fonts.html Be careful using the website as there are so many different versions of joined up writing!
- In Y2 we are starting to use the full joined up version of this script - but it's early days and teachers are still getting used to it too.
- Cursive Days of the Week
- Cursive Alphabet
- Please be active at some point each day. Joe Wicks (The Body Coach) is leading live lessons all week at 9am. If you miss these, they will be available to stream later in the day. Below is the link along with others that may be useful for keeping children active.
- Joe Wicks PE Lesson - https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1 - Monday to Friday – 9am live on YouTube.
- Cosmic Yoga - www.cosmickids.com/category/watch/
- Brain break clips/ dance: www.gonoodle.com – It is free to sign up! We use this resource lots at school so the children will be familiar with it.
- Get Set 4 PE: www.getset4pe.co.uk/ResourceBank - These tasks are quick and simple using general household objects. It's amazing what you can do with a pair of rolled up socks!
Other websites that might be useful:
- Twinkl - Twinkl parent subscription offer – This subscription service used by teachers and schools is offering a free service for parents whilst schools are closed. Enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS.
- White Rose Maths - whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ - Maths mastery website who have provided home learning packages for all year groups.
- Classroom Secrets - kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/ - You can sign up for free to the Kids sections of the website. Lots of activities for children to use independently.
- Oxford Owl - www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - sign up to access lots of free e-books for ages 3-11.
- Audible - www.audible.com