Year Three Notice Board
A few notices:
- We hope you have a wonderful half term break! We have had an enjoyable first half term and look forward to the next one!
- This week in Year 3 we have been looking at cave art and thanks to Daniella and her team we have a fantastic cave in the corridor. We will be painting our cave art onto it tomorrow. We would like to share it with you so please feel free to pop in after school on Friday 1st March to have a look.
- We have been looking at time in Maths. We learnt how to read time on an analogue and digital clock. We have also learnt how many seconds are in a minute, minutes in an hour and hours in a day. Please continue to support children with this at home.
- This term we will be looking at the Stone Age, Bronze Age and Iron Age. Within the topic there is lots of new and exciting vocabulary that the children will encounter. We have a word aware grid split into three sections which groups the vocabulary the children will be exposed to during this topic. The first section is called 'Anchor words', these are words we expect the children will have already encountered. The next section is called 'Goldilocks words'- not too easy, not too hard, just right. These words may be less familiar. The third section is called 'Step on words' and these are more advanced. Please look at this grid with your children at home and discuss the meanings of the words.
- Clink word aware grid
- At the bottom of this page you will see a link to our Spring Curriculum Tree which shows what we are covering this term. Please take a look.
Swimming- Every Tuesday morning at Brentford Leisure Centre. Children need to bring their swimming costume, towel and swimming hat in a bag ever week and take it home again that day. Goggles are optional.
PE- Every Tuesday afternoon. Children will need a full winter Belmont PE kit as we are now into the colder weather. Please make sure that everything is labelled.
French - Wednesday afternoons.
Calendar/ Key dates
Friday 15th February - Wake up Shake up with parents
- Break up for half term
Monday 25th February - Back to school
Thursday 7th March- World book day
Friday 15th March- Celtic Harmony Year 3 trip
Wednesday 20th March - Parents evening
Monday 25th March - Parents evening
Friday 5th April - End of Spring term
Recent and extensive educational research has found that homework for primary aged children has minimal impact unless it reinforces learning and regularly allows children to rehearse and practise skills and facts e.g. times tables and spellings.
Children are expected to read at home regularly (at least 15 - 20 minutes daily) and to discuss their reading with an adult at home to develop language and comprehension. Reading Record books must be brought into school every Monday to be checked. It may be that the Reading Record is checked more than once during the week. Children can change their reading book at any point during the week if they have read the ones they already have. Also children may borrow books from the Junior Library. We encourage the children to share their library book with an adult at home as well. We will be encouraging them to take ownership with this.
Key words/ Spelling
Each week there will be two lists of spelling. The lists will be called 'Mild' and 'Hot' and children should choose which one they want to learn from. They will be given on a Wednesday and tested the following Monday. Each week the lists will link to a spelling pattern or rule.
Year 3 high frequency words
Below are some links to support with spelling at home.
This week we would like you to complete these pages:
Please complete pages 46 and 46 - writing lists
Number Facts and Times Tables
You can print you child's times tables challenge to practise at home.
Creative Home Learning
Learning this week:
Learning next week:
Authors and Letter with a focus on Jeremy Strong