History Of Belmont
The foundation stone for the current Belmont Primary School was laid in 1904 and the school opened its doors the following June, offering education to boys and girls aged 5-14.
Initially housing a mixed infant school, a girls' school and a boys' school on its three floors, it developed into one mixed school and is now a two-form entry primary school with 472 places for children aged 3-11.
Situated close to Chiswick High Road, Belmont has served generations of children from the Chiswick area and we take pride in our place within the local community.
These photographs were provided by two former pupils, who came to visit.
Alan Vickerman is shown with his class (left) in 1936 in the ground floor hall; Alan is 2nd from right in the front row. His brother Roy is in the centre of the front row in the picture on the right, taken in 1935.
The three storey main building is over 100 years old and is typical of the Edwardian era with its large windows, high ceilings and cupola. There is a separate dining hall which started life as the woodwork workshop. This is now also approaching its centenary.